CFE/FEF Internship Program
The Center for Freethought Equality and the Freethought Equality Fund are seeking a full or part time intern to assist with advocacy and campaign activities. Interns will develop a better understanding of how progressive, nonprofit organizations operate, while gaining exposure to advocacy and electoral politics on a national level.
Interns will be paid a monthly stipend with the commitment to work at least 20 hours per week and must be available for at least 10 weeks (with preference to those who can commit to longer). Part time commitment will earn $800/month, while full time interns can receive a $1,600/month stipend.
Our mission of the Center for Freethought Equality and the Freethought Equality Fund is to provide Americans the opportunity to make their voice heard in the political process, protect the separation of church and state, and defend the civil liberties of secular Americans.
- Track federal and state legislation
- Prepare advocacy materials
- Track federal, state, and local electoral races across the country
- Maintain our databases and update files
- Research potential donors and coordinate fundraising events
- Recruit grassroots volunteers from affiliated state chapters and groups
- Manage social media accounts and website content
- Candidates must be a current college student or a recent graduate majoring in Political Science, Communications, Government, or Public Policy; and have some experience in a campaign or political environment.
- Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates must also have strong verbal communication, writing, and computer skills.
Please submit a current resume and cover letter, along with availability, to email@example.com, or fax to 202-238-9003, Attn: CFE/FEF Internship.